This course is for pilots that wish to obtain a B787 Type Rating, and it is conducted according to EASA Part-FCL Regulations.
Aeolus Aviation Academy offers, as well:
- Type Revalidation (while within the validity of the rating); and
- Type Renewal (when the rating has lapsed),
The B787 Type Rating course objective is to give the pilot the necessary theoretical knowledge and practical skills to safely and efficiently operate the B787.
Moreover, to train the pilot to acquire the level of knowledge and operational skills to successfully pass an EASA Part-FCL MPA Skill Test.
The requirements for an Initial Type rating, Revalidation or Renewal of a lapsed one, are described in brief in the following paragraphs. For details, do contact AEOLUS Aviation Training.
Prerequisites for an Initial Type Rating
Multi-pilot aeroplanes applicants for the issue of the first type rating course for a multi-pilot aeroplane shall be student pilots currently undergoing training on an MPL training course or comply with the following requirements:
- have at least 70 hours of flight experience as PIC in aeroplanes;
- hold or have held a multi-engine IR(A);
- have passed the ATPL(A) theoretical knowledge examinations;
- except when the type rating course is combined with an MCC course:
- hold a certificate of satisfactory completion of an MCC course in aeroplanes; or
- have at least 500 hours as pilots in multi-pilot operations on single-pilot multi- engine aeroplanes, in commercial air transport in accordance with the applicable air operations requirements; and
- have completed an Advanced Upset Prevention and Recovery Training (UPRT).
Note: There may be other credits for the MCC course if you have multi-pilot helicopter time.
Prerequisites for a Type Rating Revalidation
To revalidate a Type Rating:
- your rating must NOT have expired;
- your EASA Part-MED Medical Certificate must be current (some Authorities might accept undergoing an LPC without a current Medical certificate);
- your English Language Proficiency (ELP) must be valid; and
- you must have completed at least 10 sectors in the preceding 12 months. Alternatively, a sector should be completed with an Examiner in an FFS. This sector can be completed during the LPC.
Note: For PBN requirements refer to section Performance-based Navigation (PBN).
Prerequisites for a Type Rating Renewal
To renew a Type Rating, according to EASA Part-FCL.740, AEOLUS Aviation Academy must:
- evaluate your condition;
- assess your needs; and
- and propose a dedicated Refresher Training program, if deemed necessary, for you to reach the level of proficiency to safely operate the relevant type of aircraft.
Note: If in addition to the EASA Part-FCL Licence and associated Type Rating, you also hold a valid rating for the same type of aircraft on a pilot licence issued by a third country in accordance with Annex 1 to the Chicago Convention, and if you are entitled to exercise the privileges of that rating, a Refresher Training is NOT necessary.
You will still need a:
- current EASA Part-MED Medical Certificate (some Authorities might accept undergoing an LPC without a current Medical certificate);
- valid English Language Proficiency (ELP); and
- Performance-based Navigation (PBN) endorsement.