This course is for pilots that wish to obtain a BE90/99/100/200 Rating, and it is conducted according to EASA Part-FCL Regulations.
Aeolus Aviation Academy offers, as well:
- Type Revalidation (while within the validity of the rating); and
- Type Renewal (when the rating has lapsed),
The BE90/99/100/200 Type Rating course objective is to give the pilot the necessary theoretical knowledge and practical skills to safely and efficiently operate a Beechcraft.
Moreover, to train the pilot to acquire the level of knowledge and operational skills to successfully pass an EASA Part-FCL MPA Skill Test.
The requirements for an Initial Type rating, Revalidation or Renewal of a lapsed one, are described in brief in the following paragraphs. For details, do contact AEOLUS Aviation Training.
Prerequisites for an Initial Type Rating
Multi-pilot aeroplanes applicants for the issue of the first type rating course for a multi-pilot aeroplane shall be student pilots currently undergoing training on an MPL training course or comply with the following requirements:
- have at least 70 hours of flight experience as PIC in aeroplanes;
- hold or have held a multi-engine IR(A);
- have passed the ATPL(A) theoretical knowledge examinations;
- except when the type rating course is combined with an MCC course:
- hold a certificate of satisfactory completion of an MCC course in aeroplanes; or
- have at least 500 hours as pilots in multi-pilot operations on single-pilot multi- engine aeroplanes, in commercial air transport in accordance with the applicable air operations requirements; and
- have completed an Advanced Upset Prevention and Recovery Training (UPRT).
Note: There may be other credits for the MCC course if you have multi-pilot helicopter time.
Prerequisites for a Type Rating Revalidation
To revalidate a Type Rating:
- your rating must NOT have expired;
- your EASA Part-MED Medical Certificate must be current (some Authorities might accept undergoing an LPC without a current Medical certificate);
- your English Language Proficiency (ELP) must be valid; and
- you must have completed at least 10 sectors in the preceding 12 months. Alternatively, a sector should be completed with an Examiner in an FFS. This sector can be completed during the LPC.
Note: For PBN requirements refer to section Performance-based Navigation (PBN).
Prerequisites for a Type Rating Renewal
To renew a Type Rating, according to EASA Part-FCL.740, AEOLUS Aviation Academy must:
- evaluate your condition;
- assess your needs; and
- and propose a dedicated Refresher Training program, if deemed necessary, for you to reach the level of proficiency to safely operate the relevant type of aircraft.
Note: If in addition to the EASA Part-FCL Licence and associated Type Rating, you also hold a valid rating for the same type of aircraft on a pilot licence issued by a third country in accordance with Annex 1 to the Chicago Convention, and if you are entitled to exercise the privileges of that rating, a Refresher Training is NOT necessary.
You will still need a:
- current EASA Part-MED Medical Certificate (some Authorities might accept undergoing an LPC without a current Medical certificate);
- valid English Language Proficiency (ELP); and
- Performance-based Navigation (PBN) endorsement.